Contract of Hire
All bookings accepted are subject to the following conditions, which are deemed to be accepted in full by the hirer and all persons in the party. Bookings will be deemed to be accepted once a payment is made. The owner reserves the right to refuse any booking.
Please note that we do not allow children under 12 to stay at the property or on the development.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure your booking. If your booking is made within 60 days or less from your departure date it must be accompanied by full payment. Your booking is only confirmed on receipt of your deposit or full payment if the booking is received within 60 days of travel. A £100 security deposit will be charged with the final balance or at the time the booking is made if the booking date is less than 60 days of the start of the rental period.
The balance must be paid 60 days prior to the hire commencement date or within five days if the booking is made within 60 days of the commencement date.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, debit or credit card. Bank details are available on request.
A security deposit of £100 will be charged at the time of booking if that falls within 60 days of the rental period or at the time the balance is paid. The deposit will be returned within 14 days of check-out unless the management company reports any damage, missing items or if excess cleaning is required in which case a deduction will be made from the deposit.
Cancellation by the hirer
All booking cancellations must be made in writing or by email and be received by the owner within 60 days of the holiday commencement date. If cancellation is prior to this, only the deposit will be forfeited. If cancellation is less than 60 days before the departure date, the hire cost to be paid will be as follows:
31-60 days 50% of hire cost to be paid
15-30 days 75% of hire cost to be paid
14 days or less 100% of hire cost to be paid
It is a condition of booking that insurance is taken out to cover cancellation.
Alterations or cancellation by us
In the unlikely event that the apartment becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control the hirer will be offered a full refund. Any refund is restricted to the apartment hire costs and the owner cannot be held liable for any cancellation or administrative charges for travel arrangements etc.
What is included
The apartment rental includes the cost of linen and towels, water, reasonable use of electricity for air conditioning/heating and wi-fi.
Arrival and departure times
The apartment will be available for occupation from 16.00 on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00 on the day of departure. Please adhere strictly to these times unless an arrangement has been made with the owner or property manager that the times can be varied.
Keys and Directions
One set of keys will be supplied to you on arrival. Detailed instructions for key access and directions will be sent to you seven days before the departure date. A lock change charge of £100 will be applied should the keys not be returned for any reason.
Contact details of the local property manager will be sent to you in advance, details will also be available in the information pack in the apartment.
(No) Smoking policy
Please respect that this is strictly a NO SMOKING property. Thank you.
Electricity is VERY EXPENSIVE in Cyprus. A couple of years ago there was an explosion at the power station and the cost of the damage is being recouped at the residents expense with vastly increased electricity rates. We would like to ask you, kindly, to be very mindful of electricity consumption, especially the air conditioning. If run all day and night the electricity bill will run into hundreds of pounds per month. We would therefore ask you to be mindful about lights and air conditioning and particularly not to leave the air conditioning running in the property if you are outside with the doors open. Air conditioning should not be used at night as very effective ceiling fans have been installed in both bedrooms. Full instructions of how best to use the air conditioning and fans will be available in the apartment.
The property will be cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. However, we ask you to leave the apartment in good condition with all rubbish removed. The owner reserves the right to deduct an additional amount for cleaning from the deposit if the apartment is not left in a clean condition.
We will always do our very best to help with these provided they are made well in advance of your stay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests.
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the apartment or its contents whilst on holiday, it must be reported immediately to the owner, or the owners’ representative, who will take steps to resolve the matter. The owner will accept no liability for any complaint submitted after completion of the hire period.
Liability for loss or injury
No liability shall be attached to the owner in respect of any loss or damage, injury or illness suffered by you or any other person occupying the property booked by you.
It is a condition of booking that all guests take out travel insurance.
Guest’s luggage and articles retained at the property are kept there at the guest’s risk.
- Only persons named on the booking form can stay at the property.
- The apartment cannot be re-let or sublet to any other group, party or individual without written permission from the owner.
- Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of four people occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to the hirer and party if they are in breach of this condition.
- The hirer and his/her party shall occupy the property for holiday purposes and no other.
- Pets are not allowed in the apartment.
- THIS IS STRICTLY A NO SMOKING APARTMENT
- Unfortunately we cannot accept bookings for children under 12 years of age.
- The hirer is responsible for taking reasonable care of the property and its contents. At the end of the hire period, the property and its contents, including all equipment, furniture and utensils etc. must be left clean and tidy which includes the crockery and cutlery cleaned and stored in the appropriate cupboard/s. The hirer must also ensure that the cooker, barbeque, microwave and fridge are left clean, failure to do say will result in a charge for additional cleaning.
- The hirer is responsible for keeping the apartment securely locked when away from the apartment. The hirer will be held responsible for any loss or damage that results from the apartment not being securely locked.
- The hirer shall report any fault with the property or its surroundings to the management company, who must be given the opportunity to correct the problem directly. A point of contact and telephone number will be found in the information pack in the apartment.
- The hirer shall ensure that no member of the party engages in any activity in or around the apartment or swimming pool, which may cause damage or offence to the neighbours. We would ask all guests to treat the other occupants with consideration at all times.
- The hirer shall ensure that all rubbish is cleared away from the property at the end of the hire period and placed in the local bins.
Neither ourselves nor any of our representatives can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness, television reception, swimming pool maintenance and failure of any public supply.
Rights of access
We, our representatives, or subcontractors have the right to access the apartment at any time with due regard to the convenience of the hirer for the purpose of linen change, inspection of the property, and to carry our essential, or routine repair or maintenance.
In the event of building work taking place by the local authority, developers or neighbours, it is important to note that we are not responsible for such work, and are unable to stop such work taking place, or control the levels of noise.
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force majeur’. In these terms and conditions of hire ‘force majeur’ means any event which we or the suppliers of the service(s) in question could not, even with due care, forsee or avoid. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil or commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes of other industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, acts of God, terrorist activities, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control.
Having read these Terms and Conditions you agree to them automatically unless you formally write to the owner in disagreement. You acknowledge that you accept responsibility for any breakages or damage and will vacate the property leaving it in good order at the conclusion of the rental period, as outlined above.
We would like to wish you a wonderful holiday in Cyprus!